By Carol Meyer
There are three races for the Saturday, April 27, town election -- Town Moderator, a three-way race for four School Committee seats, and Housing Authority. Be sure to exercise your right to vote!
Voting hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., allowing everyone time throughout the day to vote their choices. Town Clerk Eileen McCracken is predicting about a 20 percent turnout.
The races are:
* Town Moderator (one-year term) -- Incumbent Michael J. Puzo and Megan M. Buhr.
* School Committee (three-year term) -- Four candidates for three seats: Incumbents Carlos A. F. DaSilva and Elizabeth "Liza" Reed O'Reilly and Joshua Ross and Nancy "Nes" Correnti.
* Housing Authority (five-year term) -- Incumbent Robert D. Keyes and Janine A. Suchecki.
Several candidates are running unopposed.
Here are the polling locations:
* Precincts 1-4 - Hingham High School, 17 Union St.
* Precincts 5-6 - Hingham Middle School, 1103 Main St.
* Precinct 5A - The Oakleaf Clubhouse Building, 300 Linden Ponds Way
Do you plan to vote in this town election and if so, why do you think it's important to vote?
See you at the polls!