By Carol Britton Meyer
Here's a fun way to support Hingham restaurants during these challenging times!
After reading a Hingham Hub post in early January encouraging families to support struggling local restaurants by ordering takeout, Hingham resident Amy Cowan created "TakeOut Tuesday" to help make that happen.
It's also a way for busy people, especially families, to take a break from the usual mid-week challenge, "What's for dinner tonight?" and order out.
Noting that many families already have a Friday pizza night or Saturday date night tradition, Cowan thought Tuesday would be a good day to help busy families with their dinner plans and for them to join others in a show of support for their favorite eateries -- and also for new restaurant ideas they discover through the TakeOut Tuesday initiative.
Hingham graphic designer Michele Friedman donated her time and talent to create a compelling logo.
This is how TakeOut Tuesday works:
* Order one meal for your family from a restaurant
* Post on Facebook and Instagram to help spread the word
* Use the hashtag #takeouttuesdaysouthshore so that others can find your post and to make the search for new takeout ideas easier for others
* Include a hashtag with the name of your restaurant of choice or a link to its website.
* Encourage friends to participate.
With widespread community support, this effort will be successful and make a difference, Cowan said. "We encourage Hingham families to give our many different restaurants a try."