Hingham Town Election Preview
By Carol Britton Meyer
Twelve members of various Hingham boards, committees, and commissions -- and also the Town Moderator -- have terms expiring this year. Depending on how many citizens -- including incumbents -- take out nomination papers for the various positions, it could be an exciting election season.
Nomination papers for the Saturday, April 29, Annual Town Election are available in the Town Clerk's Office. Potential candidates are asked to call or email ahead to schedule an appointment.
Twelve incumbents have terms expiring in 2023, including:
* Town Moderator -- Michael Puzo
* Select Board -- William Ramsey
* Board of Assessors -- Randall Winters
* Board of Health -- Elizabeth Eldredge
* Municipal Light Board -- Tyler Herrald
* Housing Authority -- Ruth Bennett (This is a Select Board-appointed position so will not be on the ballot.)
* School Committee -- Michelle Ayer and Jennifer Benham
* Planning Board -- Judith Sneath
* Sewer Commission -- Stephen Harold
* Recreation Commission -- Vicki Donlan (five-year term) and Matthew LeBretton (who was appointed to fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Dwight Hartman, term ending in 2026, until the next town election), so this is a three-year term.
Nomination papers are due back in the Town Clerk's Office on or before March 10. The last day to register to vote is April 14.
Comments are closed.